Mario Balotelli asks 'Is racism legal in France?' after accusing Bastia fans

Mario Balotelli asks 'Is racism legal in France?' after accusing Bastia fans

"Football is an incredible sport. those people like Bastia supporters make it terrible!" Plea, who is Balotelli's strike partner, told French football show Telefoot on Sunday that he heard the abuse.

Nice striker, Mario Balotelli claims he was racially abused by fans during his side's 1-1 draw with Bastia in Ligue 1.

Bastia released a statement on Saturday evening expressing surprise at the allegations made by Balotelli.

The French Professional Football League (LFP) has announced it will investigate incidents from the game and said in a statement it "deplores all the incidents that occured during the SC Bastia - OGC Nice meeting".

"From Thursday, the disciplinary committee will open a file of the match incidents based on the supplementary reports from officials and information provided by the clubs", the LFP said in a statement.

He did not say in his message whether or not he had informed referee Clement Turpin, who had the authority to stop the game, of the crowd's actions.

Liverpool fans savage Mario Balotelli on Twitter
AFP Getty Images

Balotelli, 26, the son of Ghanaian immigrants to Italy, concluded his post by writing in French that what happened was "une vrai honte", or a total disgrace.

Balotelli played a full 90 minutes at the Armand Cesari and while he failed to get on the scoresheet, he still made headlines the morning after. "At the end of the game he (Balotelli) was very, very upset".

Nice's bus was also pelted with rocks before the clash in Corsica. The player was subject to racial abuse by Roma fans when he was contracted to play with AC Milan in 2013.

Balotelli joined from Liverpool on a free transfer in August and has scored eight league goals in 10 games to help Nice challenge for the title.

Bastia have previously been docked two points in the 2007-2008 season when their fans Burkina Faso striker Boubacar Kebe.

Line Clear for Jallikattu, Centre Bows Down To Pressure
The Supreme Court had banned Jallikattu in 2014, following which the political parties in the state protested. Paneerselvam has announced plans to draft a new law in the state next week to permanently allow Jallikattu .

Berejiklian frontrunner for Baird's job
Ms Berejiklian says she will spend the rest of Friday speaking to her colleagues about stepping into the leadership role. Local Government NSW says it can work with Ms Berejiklian if she becomes the state's next Premier.

Facebook's Zuckerberg Sues Hundreds to Get Title for 700-Acre Compound
Zuckerberg said he filed the quiet title action to find all the partial owners and pay them their fair share. Zuckerberg's lawsuits, filed by three of his companies, target about 300 hundred people linked to the land.